Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cultural Dinner Night!

So, Aaron & I have been married for a little over a month now and we are finally settled back into our normal lives, only to be uprooted again when we move into our apartment next month...lol. Anyways, the first couple of weeks of our marriage I was brainstorming some date night ideas for the future (sounds a little silly, I know).  I wanted to find some things we could do outside of home as well as at home.  We literally went out every weekend for the 1st month of our marriage and dinner and show costs definitely add up so, I really wanted to find things that could be done at home. During my research I compiled a giant list and I will be posting them on a separate post.

There was one really cool idea that I did come up with that I wanted to share. Since I am now a wife, I have taken up the new hobby of cooking. I have always liked the idea of cooking dinner for myself and my family but I never really cooked at home, I am more of a baker. Anyways, I thought it would be cool if hubby and I could have a dinner date at home featuring food from a different culture (once a month). I decided that I will look up a dinner and dessert from a specific culture and prepare it as best as I can...lol and we will have a nice in home date night. I ran the idea by him and he of course said yes! We were trying to compile a list of different cultures/regions of foods that we would like to try. Now, I have book idea how these things should taste so that makes it a bit difficult but I think we will have fun with it anyway! We are waiting until we move into our own place to start up this date night and I cannot wait. I have no idea what will be on the menu for the 1st night but I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment