Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait.

We have all heard that saying before at least once in our lives and I am writing about it because I am waiting....I have become a bit frustrated with life recently and I will share with you why that is. It mainly has to do with the root of all evil, Money! As I stated before, hubby and I are fixing to move very soon. We also just purchased a new car, fairly cheap from a family member. Anyways, we have spent a great deal of $$$ on things and I know this is just the beginning.

I have been working at my current job for 7 months now and I have grown tired of it. Not because I don't enjoy what I do (I work with kids), I just don't make enough money. I have a college degree but that means nothing to my job because it's in Therapeutic Recreation. I get paid the same amount as people who never went to college and I can tell you now that it's very frustrating!! I have friends who never went to college either and they make more money than I do as well. Not saying that having a college degree is everything but it should at least count for something.

 I'm waiting for my good things to come. Where is my wonderful job as a Recreation Therapist so that I can get a car note and but a down payment on a house?? I have been out of college for a year now (I know that's a short period of time) but I feel like I shouldn't be doing what I am doing. I am now at the point where I am forcing myself to look into graduate degree programs because it seems that just having a bachelors isn't enough anymore (sigh). Hubby & I have this discussion quite often and it's quite depressing for me. I just keep telling myself to wait and that it will all have been worth it in the end but I don't know if waiting is worth it....

No comments:

Post a Comment