Sunday, June 30, 2013

Defining My Natural Curls!

Most Naturalistas out there understand the struggle of defining your curls and I am one of them!! I have still not quite figured out my hair type but I am in the 4th category which means that I have very tight curls that shrink a great deal. My curls sit so pretty when my hair is wet and full of conditioner but when it dries, don't even ask me what it looks like...lol. Let's just say a wash-and-go takes a goo amount of time for me to manage between washing and going out for the day. To get to the point, I defined my curls about 2 weeks ago and they turned out very nice! Here is what I did (below):
What You Will Need:
Eco Styler Gel (I use the gel with Olive Oil in it)
Spray Bottle

1. I sectioned my hair off into very small sections as I worked through my hair.
2. Make sure that each section is very wet and apply a generous amount of gel (gel may make your hair a  
     bit crunchy).
3. Lastly, run the Denman brush through your hair (you may have to do it a few times). As you are doing so,
    your curls will begin to form.
4. Let your hair dry and voila, you will have a defined set of curls that will last for a few days (mine lasted 2
    days).


No comments:

Post a Comment